RePEc recently launched a new directory of economists using Twitter.
From a Blog Post:
It appears that economists recently have been warming up to the idea, and many prominent ones have joined Twitter and contribute thoughts on policy and current research. The difference with blogs is that Twitter somehow engages more discussion, and it also prompts interactions between people who would never have interacted otherwise: it makes everyone accessible. That said, one can also simply be lurking without intervening and learn from the discussion or the alerts. As we find from analyzing traffic to RePEc, Twitter can drive substantial readership to some papers. [H/T: InfoDocket]
This page indexes registered economists that are also on Twitter. The conditions for being listed here are the following:
- Be registered with the RePEc Author Service. Have received at least one monthly email (typically sent during the first week of each month)
- Send a tweet to RePEc_Signup with your RePEc Short-ID. This identifier is of the form pxxnnnn, where xx are two letters and nnnn are up to four numbers. The RePEc Short-ID is found on your RePEc profile. A sample tweet would be: @repec_signup pxx123
- Receive a confirmation email (sent to the address used for the last monthly message) within ten minutes.
- Click on the link provided in the email.
- You are then listed here after the daily refresh. Your Twitter account will then also be listed on your IDEAS profile.