CBO Testifies on Federal Financial Support for Fuels and Energy Technologies

Congressional Budget Office / by Terry Dinen
http://www.cbo.gov/publication/43994

This afternoon I testified on federal financial support for fuels and energy technologies before the Subcommittee on Energy of the House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology. My testimony—discussed below—updates a CBO report from 2012 on the same topic.

Federal support for the development and production of fuels and energy technologies totals almost $20 billion in the current fiscal year. Tax preferences account for about 80 percent of that amount, and spending programs administered by the Department of Energy (DOE) account for the remaining 20 percent.

About these ads

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s